“Probably the Best Bike in the UK”
(That Nobody Knows About – Until Now….)
The Way of the Roses coast to coast cycle route. between Morecambe and Bridlington.
It took us 6 couples from Goostrey, 4 days to cycle the 170 miles, well is actually a bit longer because you have to navigate to your digs each night, but believe me when I tell you, its a cracking ride, that you out on your bucket list.
Let’s keep it simple, I’m going to list my top ten reasons why its a cracking ride, then I’m going to tell you the secrets of how to organise the perfect trip from door to door.
Here’s that list…..
- It’s clearly signposted, every turn, roundabout, cross roads and old railway line has a sign similar to this..
- The roads are quiet and more importantly you can count the potholes on one hand… (unlike East Cheshire, where you need a calculator)
- You travel through the most beautiful villages in the UK…
- You’ll cycle across beautiful, varied landscape including the Lune Valley, Yorkshire Dales, Nidderdale and the Yorkshire Wolds and use traffic-free paths, on-road cycle lanes, country lanes and quieter roads. in one word “STUNNING”
- It passes through historic cities York and Lancaster, and lesser known gems such as Settle, Pateley Bridge and Ripon.
- You will discover some amazing lunch stops like the Craven Arms in Appletreewick with its Cruck Barn & Tumble Dryer, TJ’s Cafe in Cranswick your last stop before hitting Bridlington and lots more..
- The Buck Inn in Malham served the best steak pie ever and The Old Coach House in North Stainley provided some luxury accommodation plus a HOT BATH… (Don’t forget your bubbles)
- It’s not too hilly, just the first two days, after that its flat as a pancake.
- It’s on your doorstep, just 90 minutes and you will be cycling
- A great way to spend 4 days with your mates and now this is how we did it,…
I think the magic number is 8 and one kind van driver to transport your bikes to the start and move your luggage each day, that’s 500 with fuel.
Next you ring my Taxi Driver (Graham 07759 281467) give him plenty of notivce and for another £500 he we will take you 8 of you to Morecombe and pick you from Beverley 4 days later. Not Bridlington because its rubbish.
You start riding, stop in Malham, stay at the Buck Inn, eat pies and drink alcohol. sleep and do some more cycling the next day to … . If you get soaked like we did stop at the Craven Arms they have a Tumble Dryer to dry your clothes and they might even have cotton robes after our visit. Don’t to try the Old Peculiar form the wooden cask, its tastes like “neck oil”